Platinum Blasting Services has a unique opportunity to promote and an obligation to demonstrate high standards of environmental management and stewardship to reduce our own and our client’s impact on the environment.
How we care for the environment
We place great emphasis on managing how we impact the environment by:
- Maintaining compliance with all relevant environmental laws, standards and practices.
- Monitoring our activities closely to prevent or minimise impacts on air, water, land, flora, fauna and cultural heritage sites. Additionally we strive to reduce resource consumption and minimise waste generation.
- Investigating and implementing environmental improvement programs mutually beneficial to ourselves, our clients and the community.
- Ensuring all employees and contractors understand our commitment to the environment.
- Responding to any environmental concerns of our clients or the communities in which we conduct business.
- Establishing Key Performance Indicators to measure compliance to our management system.
- Providing clear unambiguous systems, processes and procedures for our operational and support activities is an essential tool for risk mitigation.
- All managers and supervisors immediately intervening where a non-compliance with our systems and procedures is observed or noted.
- Ensuring any overt or malicious noncompliance with our documented systems and procedures by any individual is not accepted.
- Strictly complying with statutory requirements.